Lebanon will assess security concerns relating to the use of BlackBerry phones in the country, the acting head of the Telecoms Regulatory Authority said on Thursday. This came up after the arrest of several telecoms employees suspected of spying for Israel.
Overall, about 100 people have been arrested on suspicion of spying for the Israeli agency Mossad since April 2009, when the government launched a nationwide crackdown on alleged rings.
TRA would start talks with the BlackBerry’s Canadian maker, Research In Motion, over its concerns.
In a statement, RIM founder and co-chief executive Mike Lazaridis has said that allowing governments to monitor messages would imperil the firm’s ties with customers, including major corporations and law enforcement agencies.
Read more here.
Posted in NEWS
Tagged arabia, Beirut, blackberry, blackberry phones, Business Finance, business-news, Canada, Economy of Canada, israeli, Lebanon, lebanon blackberry, Mike Lazaridis, Personal digital assistants, phone, political-news, research, Research In Motion, spy, technology-news, the
GE recently unveiled the “Ecomagination Challenge: Powering the Grid” which basically is an open call to action for businesses, entrepreneurs, innovators and students seeking breakthrough ideas to create a cleaner, more efficient and economically viable grid, and accelerate the adoption of smart grid technologies.
The Challenge invites people to come together to take on one of the world’s toughest challenges – building the next-generation power grid to meet the needs of the 21st century.
Selected Ecomagination Challenge entrants will be offered the opportunity to develop a commercial relationship with GE through:
- Investment: the $200 million capital pledge of GE and its partners will be invested globally into promising start-ups and ideas
- Validation: evaluation of entrant’s business strategy through in-depth discussions with GE‘s technical and commercial teams
- Distribution: exploration of partnership opportunities with GE to scale a business and create global reach
- Development: leveraging of GE‘s technical infrastructure and GE Global Research Centers to accelerate technology and product development
- Growth: exploration of opportunities for utilizing existing GE customer relationships for your go-to-market strategy
Continue reading here.
Posted in Uncategorized
Tagged Business Finance, business-news, Chris Anderson, Chris Anderson (writer), Dow Jones Industrial Average, ecomagination, ecomagination challenge, ge, GE‘, General Electric, Manufacturing, New York, New York City, renewable energy, Rockefeller Center, Schenectady, Technology Internet, technology-news, Thomas Edison, Wiredmagazine